vrijdag 11 april 2008

A day out with Steve Wong

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I had finally reached Steve and was getting my phone. I called him in the morning and he was going to pick me up at the valet parking of The Orleans. I recognized him pretty easily and we headed of for lunch. We had some pretty good dim sum with Steve's fiancee and a friend of his. They had some very tasty gyouza (something I eat a lot in Japan).

After this we drove to the phone store where I went once before but to no avail (the phones were allready collected by someone, who I couldn't reach). I got my phone and added 25 dollars to it (Steve guaranteed me that I'll need it, and he's probably right :)

We left the store and Steve asked if I wanted to go to the Bellagio. Well sure! I had no plans anyway, and going to the Bellagio is always good :) A 5000 dollar daily tournament was going on, and I saw a familiar face in the crowd. It was Scotty Nguyen. He and Steve seem to be pretty good friends. We left the Bellagio pretty soon, and drove around a bit for some errants. Then Steve dropped me off at the hotel.

I thought about checking out the Rockabilly weekend at the goldcoast, when Steve called me that he had some more time to kill. So we went to the pokerroom of the Orleans. Steve played some Omaha Hi/Lo and I decided to play some 200 NL. Steve's friend from before was also there and I sat down at his table.

I didn't plan on playing, but I felt pretty good so what the heck. In the end I made about 315 dollar, which is a very nice result. Most of the money came from some old guy who had like 1k+ in front of him. I bluffed him once by 3 betting on a flushboard (3rd spade@turn, pretty good spot to bluff, considering the action upto that point). An hour later the guy tried to bluff me back but failed. Cost him about 150-175 total I think. I really liked playing the guy because he didn't get that crazy.

So i'm up like 350 now, yay :) I got hungry at one point and went for some Korean BBQ with Steve, which was absolutely great! We took a 3 person plate of meat just to be sure. I really loved this restaurant, it's my best meal in the US yet. Thanks for the wonderful day Steve, you da man :)

After the meal Steve dropped me off at my hotel. I was leaving for Des Moines in the morning so had to do some packing. Wsop 2007 was on ESPN and I saw Scotty again. I was really really tired so I went to sleep pretty early.


The next morning I woke up at 6:30, checked out and left my big travelcase at the Bell Desk (1 dollah a day, I just love The Orleans). The flight went pretty smoothly and here I am in fabulous Des Moines. Where it rains. Where the wind blows. What the hell.

Tonight I went to a church gathering for children that have a parent that is in jail. My friend here helps out for the church. It was a BIG change of pace, just yesterday I was in Sin City and now I'm in some church!
Oh well, just mixing it up :)

Some good news on the refund front too, somehow my refund is now pending in American Airlines' system. So i'm probably getting the 250 back.

Running good.


Why the hell did I write this in English? :S

2 opmerkingen:

Unknown zei

Yo man tijdje je blog niet gelezen, daarom nu alle posts op m'n gemak doorgenomen. Klinkt inderdaad erg vet daar allemaal. Ook goed dat je nog dik in de plus staat, ga zo door. Zou mooi zijn als je met meer geld terugkomt dan dat je vertrokken was :)

Oh trouwens... dit is misschien niet echt een grote verrassing maar.. ik ben gezwicht en heb een ps3 gekocht. :P

Jelle zei

Heb je er ook spellen bijgekocht? :) Zijn er al leuke spellen uberhaupt?

Zou idd tof zijn als ik met meer geld terugkom, maar dan moet ik nog wel ff flink aan de bak :)